Landau is working in The Marches (Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and Herefordshire) to deliver ‘ESF Community Grants’ – a programme offering funding pots of between £5,000 to £20,000 to small and voluntary organisations to help unemployed people advance towards employment, education and training.
The programme opens January 2020 and applications will be open until October 2020, with a rolling schedule of grant panels throughout.
ESF Community Grants is funded by the European Social Fund, commissioned by the Education and Skills Funding Agency, and are being managed by Landau in The Marches to support the Marches LEP strategic priorities.
In order to apply for an ESF Community Grant, you must meet the criteria.
Who can apply?
- Organisations must be Third Sector organisations, or small organisations fewer than 49 full-time equivalent staff, and a turnover or balance sheet equal to or under 10 million Euros (currently approximately £8.6M).
- Organisations can apply for more than one grant, but can only be in receipt of one grant funding agreement at one time.
What types of projects can be funded?
Activities can include:
- Engagement activities – for e.g. visits to colleges etc. to raise awareness and increase participant familiarity with more formal settings.
- Activities to improve confidence, motivation and social integration (for example, sports, gardening, music and so on).
- Development of local groups and networks to support people to get a job or access learning (e.g. Jobs Clubs).
- ‘Soft’ Skills Development – for e.g. anger management, assertiveness or motivation.
- Innovative approaches to attract under-represented groups into learning.
Application Guidance Notes and FAQs
Application Guidance Notes and FAQs have been created to help you with your application and answer any questions you have before applying.